Pass Button in a Slow Auction

Get help for using this site, or make suggestions and comments about this site.

Moderator: BaseballGuy

nrawson10

Pass Button in a Slow Auction

Post by nrawson10 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:39 pm

If everyone in a slow auction hits the pass button on a player does that player go to the high bidder regardless of time left in the auction?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:28 pm

Yes

alleyoops

Post by alleyoops » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:28 pm

This doesn't seem to be working for us. The owners who are "Done" shouldn't have to pass, right? There are 4 of us who can bid on guys, and we all say that we've passed on all players, but none have sold.

http://www.couchmanagers.com/auctions/?auction_id=142

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:09 pm

I'll see if it is checking to see if teams that have filled their roster are not considered. I'm guessing that is the issue. Thanks for pointing this out.

alleyoops

Post by alleyoops » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:49 pm

I'm doing 2 auctions. The pass button isn't working in either. One is now essentially finished. It definitely should not require an owner who has finished to pass on players.

Ideally it would be smart enough to also not require owners who cannot bid on a player to pass (i.e. not enough budget, roster slot is filled, entire roster filled by players still being auctioned). That's a little more complicated, though. Just making sure that it doesn't need full teams to pass would be good enough.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 pm

alleyoops wrote:I'm doing 2 auctions. The pass button isn't working in either. One is now essentially finished. It definitely should not require an owner who has finished to pass on players.

Ideally it would be smart enough to also not require owners who cannot bid on a player to pass (i.e. not enough budget, roster slot is filled, entire roster filled by players still being auctioned). That's a little more complicated, though. Just making sure that it doesn't need full teams to pass would be good enough.
It should now work in the case that a teams roster is full, they are considered passing.

alleyoops

Post by alleyoops » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 am

Thanks! Should help a lot near the end of future auctions.