CouchManagers.com Forum Index CouchManagers.com
BaseballFootballBasketball
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to enter keepers before randomizing the draft order??

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CouchManagers.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jigsaw21



Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: How to enter keepers before randomizing the draft order?? Reply with quote

I see the option that says "Add Keepers/Make Trades" and when I click on it, it says I'd have to forego the opportunity to randomize the draft order.

Does anyone know if that means I can still enter each teams' keepers individually BEFORE randomizing the draft order? I just wanna make sure I don't screw anything up. This will be the first time I'm using Couch Managers for my league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 482

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You canít enter keepers first. Only thing you can do is wait for the draft to be full and make sure each teams auto status is off (if anyone is ON or set to AQ and the draft starts, a pick will be made for them) then go ahead and start the draft with a random draft order. Then pause the draft immediately and then start entering keepers. Just donít put the keepers in the first round picks. Enter them taking up the last picks of the draft. Email me if you have any problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jigsaw21



Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
You canít enter keepers first. Only thing you can do is wait for the draft to be full and make sure each teams auto status is off (if anyone is ON or set to AQ and the draft starts, a pick will be made for them) then go ahead and start the draft with a random draft order. Then pause the draft immediately and then start entering keepers. Just donít put the keepers in the first round picks. Enter them taking up the last picks of the draft. Email me if you have any problems.


Thanks for your reply.

So just wanna make sure I'm understanding. We have a 12 team draft, and each team has 3 keepers.

We have a 27 round draft. So what i would do once the league is full is randomize the order and begin the draft. But once the 1st pick is in the middle of its time limit, then pause the draft and go to rounds 25, 26 & 27 and enter them all in manually for each team ?

Then once im done entering the keepers, go back to resume the draft from the 1st overall selection and that will be enough to get it done came it moving
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 482

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigsaw21 wrote:
admin wrote:
You canít enter keepers first. Only thing you can do is wait for the draft to be full and make sure each teams auto status is off (if anyone is ON or set to AQ and the draft starts, a pick will be made for them) then go ahead and start the draft with a random draft order. Then pause the draft immediately and then start entering keepers. Just donít put the keepers in the first round picks. Enter them taking up the last picks of the draft. Email me if you have any problems.




Thanks for your reply.

So just wanna make sure I'm understanding. We have a 12 team draft, and each team has 3 keepers.

We have a 27 round draft. So what i would do once the league is full is randomize the order and begin the draft. But once the 1st pick is in the middle of its time limit, then pause the draft and go to rounds 25, 26 & 27 and enter them all in manually for each team ?

Then once im done entering the keepers, go back to resume the draft from the 1st overall selection and that will be enough to get it done came it moving


Yes this should work correctly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 482

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I forgot that I added an option to randomize the draft order without starting the draft at the same time. There is a button in the control panel that will simply randomize the draft order as long as the draft is full. I'd suggest using that, filling out keepers, then starting your draft. Makes it easier that starting and then having to pause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jigsaw21



Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Looks like I forgot that I added an option to randomize the draft order without starting the draft at the same time. There is a button in the control panel that will simply randomize the draft order as long as the draft is full. I'd suggest using that, filling out keepers, then starting your draft. Makes it easier that starting and then having to pause.


Ahhh ok. Makes sense. I'm gonna try that out later this week. Thanks a lot for your help! If anything happens, illl get back to you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CouchManagers.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group