CouchManagers.com Forum Index CouchManagers.com
BaseballFootballBasketball

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who made the nomination in a slow auction draft?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CouchManagers.com Forum Index -> Help/Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toowicked23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Who made the nomination in a slow auction draft? Reply with quote

Hello,
I am confused about the nominations and how to tell who is nominating a player. We started with everyone having 2 nominations but now some owners have 3 and some have 1. I do not understand how this could happen.

It should clearly state in the Bid History who nominated said player. That would be very useful for the owners, we are all confused by this. I understand the blind bidding makes it odd, but a simple line stating who made the nomination would be an amazing option for the users.

So I look at the board and the current owner Hulk has the $2 bid on Peralta. It looks to me like X-Men nominated him for $2, but how could that be if Hulk has won the bid at $2. If X-Men submitted a blind 2, then hulk bidding to 2 would keep ownership with X-Men.

Since that is not the case, my only assumption is that Hulk made the blind $2 nomination, and Walter came and bid $2 at 07:29 AM ET, which kept ownership with Hulk at $2. I think this is right but it's not clear at all. Please look into adding a one liner that says Nominated by:

Thanks,
Darren

Bid History
David Peralta .251 4 15 2
Hulk
$X
---hidden---

X-Men (Walter)
$2
Mon 07:29 AM ET
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a link to your auction? I want to see what you're seeing. The oldest bid on the bid history should be the team that nominated the player.
Toowicked23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: auction link Reply with quote

http://www.couchmanagers.com/auctions/?auction_id=104

Just curious how to read the bid history with a player like David Peralta.

Thanks,
Darren
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now see how that is confusing. By looking at the history in the database, I see Hulk nominated him, then upped his blind bid to $2, that $2 was matched by X-Men, moving the showing of $1 to now showing $2, but with Hulk still leading because he was the first to bid the $2, and no other bids were made. But in the bid history box, it lists Hulk on top and then X-Men at the bottom, even though he didn't nominate him. I'll add a line in the history showing who nominated the player. Thanks for the help here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CouchManagers.com Forum Index -> Help/Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: